By: Nyltaik Sivad
If you’re single out there, it’s okay. You’re definitely not the only one. And if you’re taken…I’m so so sorry. I mean, uhhh…congrats!
I’ve been single, taken, embarrassed, and been on a train ride full of unwanted surprises. All I know is that I’ve found there are stages to being a relationship.
This is the usual progression:
- Has a “thing” for someone.
- Tries to impress that person.
- Ends up failing miserably.
- Starts back at #2.
- Tries not to fail like #3.
- Finally gets into a relationship.
- Feels like the luckiest person in the world.
- Can’t predict how long it will last.
- Suffers through little arguments here and there.
- Somebody ends it.
- Starts back at stage one.
It all depends on who you are. Some people have something that kind of looks like this:
- Still single.
- Thinks someone is cute.
- Finally asks them out.
- Gets rejected.
- Wants to find love.
- Is single.
- Still single.
- Will always be single.
- Finally gives up.
Then there’s these people that are a little “loose*”. They only have two stages:
- Looks at all the guys in the world.
- Scopes out how many can be hooked up with until caught.
* Best of luck!
Then there is me.
My stages are lil’’ wonky, but I suppose that’s okay. I’m still single because I have a weird problem of rejecting everyone who comes up to me. But when I say yes they decide they really don’t want something real. I have decided that, for this reason, being single is definitely the best stage out of all of them.
Wait. You will find you person someday. Not today. But definitely someday.